Here are a few tips to that you can start to apply RIGHT now to improve the quality of your life and open the door to more peace, happiness and enjoyment:
1) Daily Exercise: By doing just 15 minutes a day of exercise your body will start to create more "feel good hormones" called endorphins giving you a Natural High and decreasing your damaging stress related hormones.
2) Avoid Caffeine: Caffeine injects adrenaline into your system, giving you a temporary boost, but possibly making you fatigued and depressed later. Additionally, it can increase the body's levels of cortisol, the "stress hormone", which can lead to other health consequences ranging from weight gain and moodiness to heart disease and diabetes. Additionally, caffeine can raise your blood pressure and stimulate MORE feelings of stress and panic.
3) Daily Meditation: Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don't end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and can even improve certain medical conditions.
When you meditate, you clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to your stress.
The emotional benefits of meditation include:
* Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
* Building skills to manage your stress
* Increasing self-awareness
* Focusing on the present
* Reducing negative emotions